1. I hope everyone had a lovely Mother’s Day! I sure did. (Well, except for the laundry tub overflowing, but that’s another story). Besides that little mishap everything else was great. I got to spend mine with both my mom and my mother-in-law, two amazing ladies. I also got to spend the day with my wonderful husband Timmy and my little lady who are treating me to a day at the spa, which is a first for me so I can’t wait! Karlyanne also gave me a nice gift by taking an extra long nap which allowed me to take one! To top it off I got to meet my little furry nephew, Freddie. He is my little sister and her boyfriend’s new kitten. He is so stinkin’ cute!
Here is Karlyanne searching for the “Kittttty”.
2. I’ve walked over 20 miles this month, so that makes me happy. I had a crazy busy weekend so I didn’t get out much but I did get out today and went for a nice walk with the baby in North Park, and then we went to the playground. A lovely way to start off a Tuesday.
3. I just walked around the house searching for my phone…only to find it in my left hand. Geesh!
4. I put Karlyanne down 30 minutes ago for her nap and just heard her voice over the monitor…grrr! I love spending time with her but her nap time is VERY important for mommy. That little break helps me keep my sanity (if you babysit or have kids you understand), so let’s hope she was just talking in her sleep.
5. This past weekend was my sister-in-law’s bridal shower. It went so smoothly and was a really nice shower. Karlyanne was also pretty well behaved so that was nice too…maybe that had to do with the 3 cookies she got out of us.
6. When Karlyanne is awake she is on the go. She will do lap after lap around the house. Tim suggested putting a pedometer on her to see how much ground she covers. I am curious to know how many miles she covers in a day.
7. Anyone out there was the show Smash, on NBC? I love that show and I can’t wait for next season. The season finale last night was great!
8. Tim and I discovered that we can walk to the bar from my mom’s house. Not sure if this was a good discovery or not. We went and met up with our friend, Caitlin, the other night for margaritas. She saw some people walking down the street and thought it was some highschool kids, nope, it was us. With Karlyanne in bed and my mom as a babysitter…we might be drinking quite a few margaritas this summer. :) Don’t worry mom, we can get another babysitter so you can join in on the margaritas too. Oh, and a funny thing that happened we got back…we came in through the back door and it was kind of dark in the room. We scared Doyle so bad I thought he was going to have a puppy heart attack…he kept howling even after Tim was sitting next to him. Poor little guy.
9. After all the car repairs that Tim and I have had to do over the past 7 months, those margaritas are looking better and better. I spent my day yesterday getting two new tires because I found a huge nail in one of them. Stuff like that just makes me want to pull my hair out. Oh well, at least I was able to walk around the mall while they tires got put on. I’m pretty sure we could buy a small country with how much we’ve spent on our cars.
10. I am excited to announce that Karlyanne, my mom, and I will no longer be just California dreamin’ come this July. We have booked are flights and will be heading out there this summer to visit my oldest sister Emily! I can’t wait!!!!
Hope you all are having a wonderful week!